The right to privacy and, specifically, the protection of personal information is one of the values of FLUIDRA WATERLINX (PTY) LTD (Registration number: 2004/019077/07) (hereinafter, “FLUIDRA” or “we” or “us”).
- COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
FLUIDRA is fully committed to upholding your rights under The Protection of Personal Information Act No. 4 of 2013. Therefore, FLUIDRA has taken the decision to implement the following principles, whereby privacy forms the basis of all information processing.
- Transparency in processing personal information is one of our priorities, so whenever we collect personal information about you, we shall duly inform you of the purpose for which it shall be processed.
- We shall only process the personal information that is strictly necessary for the purposes about which you have been informed.
- We shall never request for you to provide personal information, unless absolutely necessary to render you a service that you may have requested.
- Whenever possible, we shall make the most straightforward means available to you for you to control your personal information.
- We do not share personal information with any third parties, except with those suppliers that render us services, and those about which we have informed you beforehand and to which you have given your consent.
- PURPOSES OF PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
FLUIDRA collects your personal information for handling your requests and providing you with the products and services that you may find useful. Specifically, we process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries, questions and requests made through customer service or contact or press channels posted on our website and to contact you in order to deal with them;
- in order to improve our Websites, service and products, as well as to provide a better service and content;
- to develop and present new products, services and features to you;
- to notify you to changes to our services; and
On some occasions, it may be necessary to process your personal information to comply with legal obligations, or in relation to a contractual relationship we may have with you. In all other cases, whenever required, we shall ask you for your consent for processing your personal information.
- SENDING MARKETING MESSAGES
Within the framework of its marketing activities, FLUIDRA may provide you with the means for registering or signing up for the company’s newsletters and commercial information about it. The sending of such messages shall always be subject to you having given your consent to do so.
In the event that you have given your consent, FLUIDRA shall send you customized information about its products, business, and services in accordance with your tastes and preferences.
You may withdraw your consent at any time whenever you receive marketing messages through the link or button enabled for this purpose in all messages, or by expressing your desire to withdraw your consent by sending us an email to [email@example.com].
- AUTOMATED DECISIONS AND THE CREATION OF PROFILES
For some services, we may process your personal information using automated means. This means that certain decisions are automatically taken without human intervention.
Your information may likewise be processed to create a profile for the purpose of predicting your behaviour on the Website by displaying the main page of products that may be of interest to you, based on the preferences you have shown from your browsing habits or on information obtained from cookies.
- DURATION OF PROCESSING AND TERM OF STORAGE
At FLUIDRA we will only process your personal information for the purpose for which it has been collected. Therefore, we make every reasonable endeavour to keep the term of processing and storage of personal information as short as possible.
In this regard, we shall inform you of the term of processing and/or storage of personal information on each form in which data is collected.
FLUIDRA may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on FLUIDRA or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of FLUIDRA; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of FLUIDRA, or the public.
- CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request access to personal information (including your credit information) we hold about you by contacting the Privacy Officer at the address below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how access is provided (e.g. emailing or mailing it to you).
If at any time you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it and we will either amend the information or make a record of your comment, as we think appropriate.
FLUIDRA will not sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties.
- CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY IN INFORMATION PROCESSING
FLUIDRA secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. FLUIDRA secures the personally information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- SOCIAL MEDIA
Social media forms part of the everyday lives of many Internet users, so we have created a number of profiles on them. All users may join the pages or groups that FLUIDRA has on various social media platforms.
However, you are reminded that, unless we directly ask you for your personal information (for example, through marketing campaigns, competitions, promotions or in any other valid way), your personal information shall belong to the corresponding social medium, as a result of which we recommend that you read its terms and conditions of use and privacy policies carefully, as well as ensuring that you set your preferences insofar as the processing of your information is concerned.
- CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
- FEEDBACK AND CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to enquire about the handling of your personal information by us, please address a letter or send an email request to us, on the below addresses:
Fluidra Waterlinx (Pty) Ltd
5 Kruger Street, Denver, Johannesburg, 2094